Tofu French Toast
Serves: 2-4 people
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Utensils: Heavy skillet, blender, dinner plate
4 slices sourdough bread
1/2 cake firm tofu
2 teaspoons mustard
1 tablespoon brown rice miso
1 tablespoon tahini
Pinch sea salt
1 cup spring water
2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Place the tofu, mustard, miso, tahini, salt and water in a blender.
- Blend to a smooth paste.
- Remove and place on a large plate.
- Add the bread and let sit for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the bread over and repeat sitting process.
- Meanwhile heat the skillet on a high flame for a few seconds and add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, reduce the flame to medium and add the bread.
- Cover and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and fry the other side for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet and serve.