Stir Fried Tofu Teriyaki And Vegetables
1/2 cup fresh shiitake finely sliced, discard the stems
1 cup baby bok choy rinsed and finely sliced
1/4 cup snow peas rinsed and finely sliced on the angle
1 block firm tofu sliced into 12 rectangles
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon shoyu
1 teaspoon mirin
1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
1 teaspoon spring water
- Place the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on a medium flame and add the garlic. Mix through the oil.
- Add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Saute on a high flame for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and snow peas and continue to saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and place in a bowl.
- Add a little bit more oil to the skillet.
- Pat the tofu slices dry and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the tofu in the hot oil. Make sure the flame is on medium low.
- Leave for about 2-3 minutes and turn over. Again, leave for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of the sauce and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables to the skillet.
- Add a little more of the sauce if desired. Mix gently and cook a further minute.
- Serve hot.