A yummy way to serve tofu. Light yet rich and satisfying. A good source of vegetable quality protein. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
1 block firm tofu mashed
1 carrot rinsed and grated
1 celery stalk washed and minced
1 small onion diced
1/2 cup fresh/frozen peas
1/2-1 tablespoon umeboshi vinegar
1 teaspoon shoyu
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat a skillet on a medium flame.
- Turn the flame to high. Add the onion and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the celery and saute for about a minute.
- Add the carrot and mix through the vegetables.
- Add the peas and sea salt and continue to saute for about a minute.
- Add the tofu and mix through. Add the shoyu and umeboshi vinegar and continue to saute for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with hot brown rice and lightly blanched vegetables.
- Scrambled tofu can also be served with steamed sourdough bread and tahini.