Mixed Fruit Crisp
Serves: 6-8 people
Preparation time: 40-45 minutes
Utensils: Skillet, dish for baking, mixing bowl
2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup corn flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup walnuts chopped
1/2 cup corn oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup rice syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-4 apples washed and cubed
1 pint raspberries washed
1 pint blueberries washed
2 cups fruit juice
1 heaping tablespoon kuzu diluted in a little cold water
1 tablespoon rice syrup
Pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Heat the skillet on a medium flame and add the flour, oats and cornmeal. Dry roast for five minutes.
- Remove and place the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the salt and nuts.
- Meanwhile, whip the oil, rice syrup and vanilla together. Add the wet into the dry ingredients. Mix well together.
- Sprinkle the crisp on top of any cooked fruit and bake in an oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool before serving.
- Place the juice, sea salt and diluted kuzu in a pan.
- Heat and stir until thick. Add the rice syrup and mix gently.
- Place the fruit in a baking dish. Pour kuzu over the fruit.
- Sprinkle crisp over the fruit and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.