Maple Walnut Cookies
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup tahini
1 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups pastry or spelt flour
1 cup walnuts finely chopped
1 cup (rice syrup or barley malt sweetened) chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Lightly roast the walnuts for 10 minutes.
- Cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place all the wet ingredients into a blender and blend well.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk lightly with a hand whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix with a spatula to form a dough.
- Let the mixture sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Place a spoonful of the cookie mixture onto the cookie sheet. Press flat with a damp fork.
- Repeat with the rest of the cookie mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edge of the cookies brown slightly.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing the cookies.
- Place on a large plate and serve.
Store extra cookies in an airtight tin.