Hiziki With Peanut Butter And Sauerkraut
Serves: 4-6 people
Preparation time: 45 minutes/10 min. soaking
Utensils: Medium pan with lid
1/2 packet hiziki rinsed and soaked 10 minutes
1-2 tablespoons peanut butter diluted in a little water
2 tablespoons sauerkraut
1 teaspoon shoyu
- Place the hiziki in a pan. Discard the soaking water because it is too salty tasting.
- Add enough water to just cover the hiziki and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
- Simmer with a lid on a medium low flame for 30 minutes.
- Season with shoyu and add the diluted peanut butter.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and mix gently.
- If there is an excess of water remove lid and simmer on a medium high flame for five minutes.
- Add the sauerkraut, mix gently and serve.