Fresh Pea And Lettuce Soup
1 packet fresh or frozen organic peas
1/2 head lettuce shredded
1 bunch scallions rinsed and cut into slices
1 tablespoon olive oil
Postage stamp size piece of kombu rinsed
1 clove garlic minced
4-6 cups spring water
Mint for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the scallions and garlic. Saut'e for about 2 minutes and add the lettuce.
- Continue to saut'e for a further minute. Add the peas and enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Add a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil and simmer on a low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame. Blend in a blender to a smooth puree.
- Place the puree back in the pan and add more water if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a minute on a low flame.
- Serve garnished with mint.