Dried Daikon Shiitake Leafy Greens Tea
A lovely, easy to prepare, tea to help you to de-stress, unwind and leave you feeling soothed yet uplifted. Great for relaxing the body, this tea will give a little push in the weight loss direction too. A wonderful way to de-tox after the summer and prepare for the colder months ahead, Dried daikon tea also helps the liver to open up and discharge smoothly. Relish and enjoy!!
1 dried shiitake (dried is important here)
1/2 cup dried daikon (this can be purchased at natural foods stores)
1/2 cup leafy green vegetables such as kale, nappa cabbage, watercress
1 inch strip kombu sea vegetable
3 cups spring water
- Place the shiitake, dried daikon and kombu in a small bowl. Rinse and then cover with water. Leave to soak for about 10 minutes.
- Discard the water or use it for watering your plants. Slice the shiitake. Place the ingredients into a pan.
- Add the 3 cups spring water. Cover and bring to a boil on a medium flame. Reduce the flame and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the chopped leafy greens and simmer a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and discard the ingredients or put them on your compost.
Drink the tea whilst hot.