Creamy Lemon Pudding
This light refreshing dessert is an ideal compliment to a rich meal.
Serves: 4-6 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes/allow time to set
Utensils: Medium pot with lid, dish, blender, square serving dish, individual serving glasses (optional)
2 cups apple juice
2 cups amasake
1 cup spring water
6 tablespoons agar agar flakes
1/4 cup barley malt or maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 lemons freshly squeezed
1/4 cup toasted and slivered almonds for garnish
- Place the juice, amasake and agar flakes in a saucepan. Bring to boil on a medium flame and simmer for 15 minutes or until the agar flakes are dissolved.
- Add the barley malt, vanilla and mix gently. Remove from heat; add the lemon juice and place in a dish to cool and set.
- You can place the dessert in the fridge to speed up the setting time.
- When the kanten is firm, blend in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Place in individual glasses and serve chilled, garnished with slivered almonds.