Cous Cous Salad
Serves: 4-6 people
Preparation and cooking time:: 10-15 minutes
1 cup cous cous
1 1/2 cups spring water
Pinch sea salt
1 medium carrot washed diced and blanched
1 celery washed, diced and blanched
1 small onion diced and blanched
1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas blanced
Few pieces roasted red pepper diced
1 cup cucumber washed and diced
1 cup cooked chick peas (can use organic canned beans)
2 tablespoons parsley minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon tahini
1 teaspoon sea salt
Pepper to taste
Juice of 2 small lemons
1/4 cup spring water
Utensils: Medium pot with lid, small pot for blanching vegetables, suribachi and surikoji
- Place the blanched vegetables, red pepper, cucumber, parsley and cooked chickpeas in a serving bowl and mix gently.
- Place the spring water and sea salt in a medium pot and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
- Add the cous cous, mix gently and turn off the flame. Let sit, covered for five minutes.
- Fluff cous cous with chopsticks and add to the vegetables and beans. Mix together.
- Place the salt, tahini, olive oil and lemon in a suribachi and blend together.
- Add the spring water and blend to a smooth creamy dressing.
- Pour over the cous cous and mix gently.
- Serve garnished with mint and lemon slices.