Chinese Cabbage Rolls
Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Utensils: Medium pan with lid
6 Chinese cabbage leaves rinsed
1 bunch watercress rinsed and sliced
2-4 cups spring water
Small amount umeboshi paste
1 tablespoon grated carrot
- Place the water into a pan and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
- Turn the flame to high and blanch the whole Chinese cabbage leaves for about 30 seconds.
- Remove and place on a plate to cool.
- Repeat with the watercress.
- Roll each Chinese cabbage leaves starting at the stem end.
- Place a small amount of watercress at the bottom and roll up, folding in the leafy part at the sides.
- Squeeze out any excess water.
- Cut the rolls in half and place a small amount of carrot on top of each roll.
- A little umeboshi paste can also be placed in the center of each roll if desired.