Apple Raspberry Crumble
Serves: 8-10 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes/45 minutes baking
Utensils: Baking dish, medium pan, small pan, mixing bowl
2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup corn flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup corn oil
1/2 cup maple syrup or rice syrup
2 teaspoons baking powder
10 medium apples washed, peeled and quartered
2 cups raspberries rinsed
1-2 cups apple juice
1-2 tablespoons kuzu diluted in a little cold water
Pinch sea salt
- Place the apples and raspberrys in a baking dish. Put the juice and salt in a pan. Heat on a medium flame and add the kuzu.
- Stir until thick. Pour over the fruit. Place the flours, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Place the oil and sweetener in a bowl and whip together with a fork. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients together with your hands to form a crumble. Sprinkle over the fruit.
- Cover and bake in a medium oven for about 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake a further 5 minutes.