Making Positive Changes To Your Diet And Lifestyle
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are". - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
The idea of changing your diet and lifestlye can be a challenging yet exciting one. Here are some suggestions to get you started.
- Remember that health is a direction. It is not a place you arrive at, rather something you move towards.
- Set a goal. Write down your reasons why you want to improve your health - more vitality, look younger, lose weight, feel calm and relaxed, deeper sleep, better mental clarity, less stressed.
- Take an objective look at what you eat. Look at areas you could improve.
- Remember that only we can give ourselves time. Often we think that we don't have enough time to make changes. Plan to spend a certain amount of time each day learning about new foods and how to prepare them. View it as a new hobby.
- Create steps that are easy for you to achieve - include one vegetable at every meal, make one new dish a week, try out a new ingredient each week or make a dessert without sugar.
- Add new foods into your diet rather than worrying about cutting out the so called 'bad ones'.
- Focus on what you can have rather than dwelling on the things you think you can't.
- View your changes in a positive light. Visualise and imagine how you will look, act and feel.
- Remember that mistakes are opportunities to grow and learn.
Enjoy your new journey. View it with laughter and fun.