Body Beautiful Hot Towel Rub
This simple hot towel rub was used in Japan and Europe to rejuvenate and beautify the skin. Unlike dry skin brushing or loofahs, which works only the surface of the skin, the hot towel rub also stimulates the muscles and the internal organs. The rub can be done on a daily basis both during and after pregnancy. While you are pregnant, it helps to prevent stretch marks and the build up of cellulite. Afterwards, it can help to keep your skin healthy and enable it to regain its natural elasticity.
Having radiant skin is only one of the benefits. The hot towel rub also improves circulation, strengthens the immune system and aids the smooth function of the organs especially the kidneys, lungs and liver.
It is a great stress release too. If you do the rub in the morning, you will feel uplifted and ready for the day. At night, the rub helps you to feel relaxed and sleep more soundly. In general, it will help you to de-toxify and let out tension.
The hot towel rub is an inexpensive, simple and fun way to look and feel great. All you need is a cotton face cloth, a sink full of hot water and your bathroom.
- Fill you bathroom sink with hot water.
- Dip the face cloth into the water, wring it out and fold it into a pad that fits comfortably in your hand.
- Rub your entire body in a back and forth motion. The strokes should be short and fairly brisk. The idea is to have your skin turn pink. You do not need to rub really hard, the pressure should be firm but not painful. Watch for areas that are delicate or sensitive and be gentle. Dip you face cloth in the hot water, from time to time, to re-freshen it.
- Sometimes, areas of you skin may get a little dry or fail to turn pink at all. Don't give up at this point. When fat builds up below the surface of the skin, it becomes clogged and prevents the natural oils from flowing smoothly. As the fat breaks up, your skin will become smooth and silky to the touch.
- Pay special attention to your hands, feet, face and groin area. If you are too busy to do the full rub, just concentrate on these areas.
- Keep the rub separate from the bath or shower. You many loose minerals if you are standing or sitting in water for a long time.
- The hot towel rub can be done in the morning or at night or both. It won't be long until you notice the improvements to the condition of your skin - it will be smoother, firmer and more supple.